Sarah’s top 10 reasons to visit beautiful Sardinia in June
- The sea is the most amazing turquoise colour… all to do with the warm air hitting the cold currents
- The beaches are deserted, just choose a different one each day and laze in total peace and quiet
- The temperature is glorious – not too hot and not too cool
- Schools have not broken up
- The wild flowers are stunning in the green countryside
- The air first thing in the morning has a “fizz” to it… the perfect start to the day
- The summer season hasn't really got going yet, so restaurants and shops are VERY pleased to see you!
- The grapevines – that cover so much of the island – have vibrant green shoots growing so fast, you can almost see them
- You might see the dolphins between Sardinia and the Archipelago of La Maddalena… a rare treat
- Last year's wine has matured enough for drinking – hurrah!